Yes! It has been in my plans to blog since like forever. This is my fourth year of “invisible blogging” (that is what I call it because, I have written so many mental blogs, which have never seen the light of day). I cannot really explain the delay in putting “pen to paper” (in this case putting hands to keyboard), but I largely attribute it to a prolonged writers block and a misconception of what I want to achieve by blogging!
So now that my block has ended courtesy of the good people who updated the related Wikipedia page and White African, whose talk [at Barcamp Nairobi 2008] on blogging was an eye opener, the begging question for me is, why blog? Off the top of my head I can come up with a number of reasons why I should, including:
- Its the in-thing (it has been for a while) next to facebooking!
- I have a lot of free time at work! (ahem…)
- I am soon getting a Blackberry/P1 which will mean a whole lot of time on the Internet.
- Winnie said I am a good writer! (a different story altogether)
- My big sis is an awesome writer so I’m guessing I must have that writing gene lying deep within.
- Everyone has a story to tell! As Achieng says time and again.
- I have visualized a time in the future where I’ll be able to compile this into an autobiography of sorts. A little money and fame never hurt anyone!
These may or may not be the reasons one should blog but they are to some extent the reasons I will blog. So here is to a long journey ahead. I hope I will not be alone in this for a man is not an Island and I love attention. 😀